Friday, 30 May 2008

Still learning + doodles + slight self loathing


This one here is Fujiko from Lupin III, my current favourite manga. And now the digital process! (which I'm still learning)



Inspiration partly from a girl I saw in Glasgow and blended with Betty Boop cartoons I had been watching.


I couldn't ink her hands right...I spent the best part of an hour trying to do it, got frustrated and decided to give her weird mitten-claws instead.



Doodles and such....




Wow, this one is a few months old....I'm guessing October. Who knows what I was thinking at the time

I got pretty badly sunburnt recently (yes, quite possible in Scotland!) - never fall asleep in the sun with low-factor suncream.

She started off as a no-one-in-particular, then Sody, then I screwed up in the inking and now shes a no-one-in-particular who looks vaguely Sody-like.

* * *

These are all really boring generic...and facing the same way...and all girls....

You can tell the girly-art influences here. Nothing new or exciting. I wish I could come up with some different, these all just look like poor imitations. Like I said last post, inspiration is needed! But none of my usual methods are working...I've obviously been relying on looking at the same artists' work/same dvds too much, andneed something new....

But what, I wonder?

No comments: