Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Doodles galore part 1


Big, big mass of doodles from over the past two weeks.


















Lots of girls. Lots of very similar looking girls. And I'm really just trying to imitate the way Katie Rice and Kali Fontecchio draw girls (among a whole host of great artists to be found in blogs or on Cartoon Retro). I adore the way they draw, but I think I really need to find new artists in the hope that I find new ways to draw. I don't want to be the girl who tries to copy Katie Rice (for example), but that seems to be the way I'm going.

Also, I may have posted a lot of drawings, but I think it's clear that I'm stuck in a rut - without thinking I find myself drawing what are basically the same girly characters with the same features, expressions, emotions (if any).....moan moan, whinge whinge and so on, and so on....

So why the hell am I posting these if all I'm going to do is berate them? Well, with any luck, it can show how I'm progressing and give me a kick up the rear (wow, you suck! better change that!). or even have someone tell me where I'm going wrong. And to be completely honest, I quite like some of these.



No comments: