Sunday, 7 November 2010

Marceline (The Vampire Queen)

Lately I've been feeling a little uninspired, drawing-wise. One thing I find often helps is a bit of fanart. It's sort of lazy I suppose - the character has been pre-designed, personality and attitudes already thought out by the creators... but it's quite fun to draw them in a different way. Relaxing, really.

I haven't tried to draw anyone from the show "Adventure Time" before... the cartoon is fairly bizarre, but often very funny (in a random sort of way). I think it's something that's best watched with at least one other person. I didn't like the look of it at first, but I warmed to it fairly quickly.

This here is Marceline. She's only been in three episodes so far, and she's quite an interesting character. Everyone may have met a Marceline type character. Seems cool... then you think, wait, she's actually a bit of a dick... then find she's actually quite nice... but not too nice. Keeps you on your toes, and to be honest, I don't usually have the patience for people like that. But what the hell, felt like drawing her. Also, she mostly leviates about the place, which is fun to draw =)

This is Marceline as she appears in the show.


 Started drawing her a little differently here...



Feels like I haven't used markers in ages!


Well, there you have it =)

3 comments:

Mark H said...

Nice! I would... --I mean, uh, looking good! Is Adventure Time a series now? I've only seen the one with the Rainicorn and the Ice King guy.

Lynsey said...

You would? o.o

And yep, it's already into it's second season in the States

And thanks! =D

thomasg said...

would be awesome if pen ward got wind of these!